Level: intermediate and advanced
Tango weekend De Veste is named after the beautiful location of the weekend, in the city of Apeldoorn. It’s attuned to our intermediate weekends as a follow up, but it is open to all intermediate and advanced dancers. The weekend offers good opportunities to improve your basic techniques and your mastery of the steps and sequences that we focus on this weekend.
De Veste has a very nice, spacious dance hall, and a separate bar where we have our lunches and tea/coffee breaks. The surroundings of Apeldoorn are beautiful, with heath and forest. Perfect for a nice weekend together or a longer stay.
Whereas the program of our beginner and intermediate weekends is always more or less the same, our De Veste weekends have a new program each time. It offers an opportunity to those who are unable to follow regular weekly classes, to learn all the important tango techniques and movements.
However, practice is important if you want to learn to dance tango well. Therefore, if you don’t have the opportunity to follow weekly classes, we strongly advice you, instead, to dance regularly at milongas (tango dance events). Practice makes perfect!
If we are still not safe from the COVID-19 virus next year, then we will follow the rules of the then applicable protocol for the dance sector, to minimize the risks of contamination. At present the most important measures are:
- First and foremost: you cannot participate if you have COVID-19 related symptoms or if someone living in your home has a fever or suffers from a shortness of breath. At the beginning of the weekend we will check this by asking a number of questions. We will allow cancellation for the weekend because of COVID-19 related symptoms until the very last moment. In such case, you will receive a refund.
- If you get health problems in the days after the weekend and it turns out that you suffer from COVID-19, you have to inform us so we can notify the other participants and the health authorities.
- You can only participate in the weekend with a dance partner who lives in the same home or with a permanent dance partner. As long as the protocol is in place, we unfortunately cannot help you in finding a dance partner.
- Keep a distance of 1,5 meters to others during the weekend, except your own dance partner. To enable this, we will limit the number of participants. We will not change dance partners during the weekends. Also we will take measures to make sure that you also can keep a distance of 1,5 meters during the breaks.
- As dance teachers we are allowed to dance with participants. But, of course, if you prefer to keep a distance, we will respect that.
- Wash or disinfect your hands when you enter the building, after using the toilets, and before the lunch.
- We will regularly clean the door handles and other contact surfaces.
- If you have to cough, please cough into your elbow, not into your hands.
Jolanda Walder en René Heeskens
We always start our De Veste weekends with exercises to improve basic close embrace dancing skills. Then we continue with a minimum of two and a maximum of four central theme’s that we will work on. We will announce the workshop program for next year’s weekend well in advance.
- 4 workshops, 7 hours in total
- two lunches
- coffee, tea and biscuits on arrival and during the breaks
Saturday & Sunday
10.45 – 11.00 arrival with coffee and tea
11.00 – 13.00 first workshop
13.00 – 14.00 lunch buffet
14.00 – 16.00 second workshop
On Sunday after the last workshop we invite you to a drink to close the weekend together before we all go home.
7333 BM Apeldoorn
Travel directions >
You can park for free at the Veste.
Price of the weekend per person: € 120,00
Fulltime students and minimum benefit recipients: € 95,00
If you don’t have a dance partner yet, please also inform us of your length and age. Then we will try to find a matching dance partner for you.
Please transfer the costs of €120,00 per person (€95,00 for students and minima) within two weeks after registration to bank account NL58 INGB 0005 0127 12, to the attention of RPM Heeskens, indicating “Intermediate Weekend Apeldoorn” as payment reference. (BIC=INGBNL2A)
Your registration is completed after we’ve received your payment. If you register less than one month before the weekend, please pay the costs simultaneously.
Terms of cancellation
By derogation of the usual terms of cancellation, you can cancel the weekend until the very last moment if you suffer from COVID-19 or related symptoms. We will then refund your payment.
If you cancel the weekend for other reasons, the usual terms of cancellation apply. These are as follows.
If you cancel the weekend at least 14 days before the start of the weekend, you will receive a refund minus administrative costs of 25 Euro per person.
Cancelling your participation less than 14 days before the start of the weekend is only possible when there is a compelling reason, like an illness that makes it impossible to participate. In such a case, you can choose a refund of 50% of your payment, or your payment can be changed into a credit that you can use to participate in another weekend. The credit must be used within one year.
No refund is possible if you cancel the weekend less than one week before the start of the weekend.
About one week before the start of the weekend, we will e-mail all participants with an overview of all the práctical information about the weekend. Please contact us if you have any further questions: email@example.com.